Shabby blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

VA Day

Another day at the VA. My morning patient was a nice middle age lady who had a pretty regular mouth. No xrays, but I was able to pass off one of my desensitization PE's because she had recession and I put Colgate ProRelief on her teeth. I was happy that is actually works. I would have a really hard time if my teeth were sensitive and I wasn't able to brush make it through a dental appt without sensitivity pain. I am happy that we are able to provide services like that to our patients to make them more comfortable throughout their appt.
My other morning patient was pretty sad. It was a really old man and he had 9-10mm of facial recession and partial on the bottom and a full denture on the top. He had food and material alba in all of his embrasure spaces. I was actually feeling pretty nauseous about the whole appt. And he couldn't lay back so I did the whole appt bending over because the chair didn't go high enough for me to stand all the way up. But I feel like I really did him a service and I was able to really use my files and find them useful for the first time. They were perfect for his mouth! I was grateful that I could see how useful the files could  be in different situations.
My afternoon patient canceled. Enough said about the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Good thinking doing desensitization at the VA. I swear everybody is sensitive there. I loved your comments on my blog, but so sad you were up so late in the night! I know what you mean about not worrying enough and then worrying more last minute. On the way to school today I thought . . . do I have the right radiographs of her? Hmmm. Good thing I went in the afternoon. You are so fun to be in clinic with! (We'll have to ask P.A. about that lipoma?!?!?!?!?)

    ReplyDelete