Shabby blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mockboard #2!

Breath a sigh of relief, mockboard number 2 is over! I was so nervous yesterday night because I hadn't stressed and prepared like I did last time. But it all turned out because I came early and was able to get everything prepared. My patient showed up on time (what a reliable awesome patient) and we were able to get going right away. I had successes and failures today.

Failures (we will start with the worst and work our way up)
*Did an AWFUL left PSA, my needle got bent and Prof. Perry said I would have failed my boards. I hate when instructors say that because it totally deflates me. But it does give me something to work towards to be better.
*Didn't print my xrays off until this morning.
*Didn't sleep at all last night so I was reading my peers blogs the whole night.

Successes!!!
*Finished 2 quads of a pretty difficult Class III with LA in both quadrants.
*Only missed one spot!
*Finished with 20 minutes to spare

This mockboard went a little better than last time, I am just happy that I have passed both of my mockboards so far and that both of my patients have qualified. I was a little frustrated today because the spot I missed I couldn't get off and when my instructor came over, it felt the same before and after so I thought it was more root anatomy. But I am just fine with missing one spot.

I am grateful that this day is over and I think I am going to go home and take a much deserved nap. And then wake up and study again for the LA written because I am taking it Monday! Wish me luck!

p.s. took the mock LA written, and I don't feel like it was a very good representation of what we are going to see on the real board, but it is really nice to be able to have test questions and go over them and over them and practice them.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto, I did not feel like the mock written anesthesia test was anything near what the real board will be like. The Malamed tests that Hanson sent us seems more realistic.

    ReplyDelete