Shabby blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lots of stuff going on right now

Man, there is so much going on right now. I think it just need to take a break and.....
Breathe.
Yep I feel a lot better now.

Today was a pretty amazing day. I felt like I got a lot accomplished! My patient this morning was a Class III/IV. I numbed her UR and LR. It took me a long time to finish her and she was probably the toughest patient I have ever had. Her calculus was really tenacious. I used the triple bend, slimline and curved ultrasonics. I passed off 3 PE's (ultrasonic 3, RD #2, and LA #2). I don't have very many PE's left and that gives me comfort because there is so much other stuff going on. I am stressed because I have about 4 weeks that I won't be in clinic and I have other requirements that need to be met and patients that need to be in and finished. Phew! Oh yeah, and add to that all of the projects for Alexanders class, presenting for our research, and taking national boards.

Breathe....

My afternoon patient canceled so I called someone on the resource list and she was a IB, which was nice because I haven't fulfilled that requirement yet. She was pretty simple, but I missed 2 spots (lame) that were pretty subgingival. I definately wasn't scaling that far subgingivally, that's what I get. But I was really happy that she took me less than an hour including scale check, HHX, and conventional xrays. I might possibly be getting the handle of this!

But I am still stressed that I am not going to find my next board patient because of the limited time I am going to be in clinic. Dental hygiene gods?? Now is the time to step in and send in a board patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment