Shabby blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

In the thick of it

We are really getting into our clinic sessions now. Mockboards are next week and I am really excited to see how this will all pan out. I am so grateful that Prof. Alexander gives us these opportunities to see what the real day will be like so that we are prepared when that time comes around in just a few short months.

I feel like clinic has been going pretty well. I am so excited to have our final LA lab next week so that we can start giving out own injections. I was at the VA yesterday and I had 2 patients that needed LA and Prof. Bossenberger had to come and do both of them. I was actually really grateful that she did one of the guys because he was so nervous and it had been over 20 years since he had had his teeth cleaned. He actually swore at her! I am not so excited to give patients like that anesthetic because I don't like knowing that I am hurting somebody and they just have to sit through it. But then I think about how nice it is for the patient to be numb so that I can give them a super good cleaning without causing them any discomfort (during scaling at least).

No comments:

Post a Comment