Shabby blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

sweatin', cruisin', going crazy!

WOW!!! today was crazy! Here is how the day was supposed to go. I had a class 1B that I was going to complete 3 quadrants on and then I had another patient in and I was going to do and OD and pass off my removable appliance PE.  Here is how the day actually went. My first patient canceled so I looked on the resource list and I found the perfect patient, a screening patient! So I called and I was going to do a quick screening on him and take xrays and then bring him back for a cleaning and stuff, then I was going to see my removable appliance patient. Well I wasn't signed up for xrays early enough so I decided to complete an OD on my patient so that it was done when I saw him next. He turned out to be a perfect board patient! He was also a class III which is exactly what I needed! But I told the second years that they could use him for a backup board patient if they needed him. He was such a good sport about everything. I took a FMX on him and sent him to be screened by a second year and I was about 15 minutes late for my second patient. But she was also a good trooper. I was able to take xrays on her today and clean her appliance, but I have to bring her back to complete her appointment.
I feel like I am going to run out of appointment days before I can get all of my patients in! I have found all of my requirements, but now it is just a matter of getting them in and getting them done so I can have credit for all of them. I am glad we are having a screening day. I think it is going to help so many people finding what they need.
This is probably my longest blog ever, I wonder what people will have to say about it???

2 comments:

  1. That is a long blog!! I love it! I too am grateful for the screening day we will be having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like we don't have enough clinic days too! even with the screening day, i don't know how i'm going to get it all done!

    ReplyDelete