Shabby blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Not all it was cracked up to be

So today I had a girl from a family that Karen found. The girl I was going to see  was 14 years old and when I looked through her chart I thought for sure that she hadn't been to a dentist in 2 years. So I had big plans to take my first pano, let Karen take the BWX, and complete a 1B in 1 appt (yes this would be my first time, I am lame). My patient walked in the door and what to my wondering eyes did appear??? Another FULL MOUTH ORTHO PATIENT! So to me that means two things. First, that she wouldn't need a pano that I desperately needed to take, and it would take me longer to get around those brackets. She was a bittersweet patient. Let me explain. She did not have very good oral hygiene so her gums were practically growing up around her brackets, (not kidding, some of them were covered). The good part of that is that they were extremely loose and I could get subgingivally (because that was all there was with her) very easily. I learned a lot about going more by feel than by sight (so why did I spend $850 on loupes?) and she was a good experience. I also finished her in 1 appt so I kissed my finger and put it on my head to kiss my brain and tell me good job. Now on to finding another patient who "needs" a pano.

I was getting kinda stressed out because my 1A requirements were supposed to be completed, but one of my patients wouldn't sit in the chair so I didn't get credit for her. I was feeling stressed with very little appointment times left and no contact to call. I had a prompting to walk by the resource list just to see if there was anybody that had any kids. Right there sitting on the resource list were 3 kids that had just called in that day!!!! Talk about luck! And they would all need panos! So I will be able to complete my requirements with my favorite type of patients and I was able to share 2 of the kids with Madi! We are going to make this all through together!!!! Thank you DH girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment