Shabby blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ebbs and flows

So Tuesday sucked. Plain and simple. I had a patient for the afternoon and her husband was being seen by Jodie. I have never missed so many spots in my life! Whoa talk about a piece of crap cake. I was quite disheartened as you can probably imagine at doing so horribly right before boards. When my instructor sat down and named of 9 spots of missed calculus I thought, "there is no way, they are probably 'fake' clicks." But when I sat down, they were huge pieces of chunky glorious calculus. So I came to the conclusion that I just stunk that day.
This is why I was very grateful for another clinic day.
My morning patient canceled Wednesday night, but I was actually slightly grateful ( I probably shouldn't say that, but I was). I was only grateful for this misfortune because this patient is a class IV and I just didn't have the gumption to be able to do that this morning. So I spent the morning gathering my boards instruments, putting my cassette together and reading the candidate guide again. It was a very productive morning and it gave me a nice calm feeling of getting things done. Now I just need to take that dang board!
My afternoon was also very productive. I had a sweet lady who is in my ward and who I have seen a couple of times. She was super easy. She has a  lot of crowns and she keeps really good care of her mouth. It felt good because I was completely finished with her in under an hour, except I had to take conventional xrays so it was a little over an hour that she got out of here. I think I am finally beginning to arrive at that awesome point when pt's done take 4 hours to complete.
It has been 4 weeks since I took my national board. I think my results should be in my email...but they probably aren't. I almost done want to know until after my clinical board, because I don't want to feel stressed about the results.
Well friends, this is it. Last clinic day before boards. Good luck everyone who is reading this. We are all going to do amazing and everything is going to work out!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You got your "stink" day over with! Now you will rock it for the real deal!!

    ReplyDelete