Shabby blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Finally!! Some scaling! (Sorry Kayla!!!)

Well today was our first day actually scaling each others teeth...and it was pretty awesome!! Kayla did so good with her scaling, it didn't even hurt once. I am pretty sure that I stabbed her a few times and made her bleed, but she said she wasn't holding it against me and that we could still be friends. There are so many things to think of when you are scaling. You have to make sure you are pulling with your wrist instead of your fingers, adapt the tip apically, turn the face towards the tooth, pull up instead of rotate...and so much more! Kayla was an awesome patient because she would encourage me to go deeper when I was a chicken and didn't want to hurt her and she didn't jump out of the chair and leave the room crying, I consider this day a success! Tata til Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment