Shabby blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day of nasty tastes

We started the day out watching Professor Costley demonstrate the air powder polisher and the rubber cup polishing. I have to admit that once we all got decked out in our gear we were looking mighty fine. Professor Costley kinda looked like the lunch lady. We wore hair nets, and this plastic/garbage bag looking thing so we wouldn't get sprayed really bad. But after being the patient I see that the person who is getting worked on needs something to cover their entire face because mine is SALTY!!
GROSS GROSS GROSS tastes! It started with the air powder polisher (sodium bicarbonate). It sprayed through our whole mouth (taking great care to stay away from composites, crowns, etc) and I thought I was going to vomit from the taste of the salt. Once that was rinsed out then Emily polished my teeth with toothpaste and that would have been the best part of the day, but she has the ProHealth stuff that I can't stand! Then to top it all off, this poopy tasting fluoride varnish goes on our teeth and then just stays there! It is slimy feeling and I feel like I haven't brushed my teeth for a couple of weeks (now I know how Marianne felt when she didn't brush her teeth for a few days). I can't wait to get out of clinic and go brush me teeth, and I want to watch Pirates of the Caribbean, but that doesn't have anything to do with clinic so I guess it is time to go!

Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment