Shabby blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

This is just the funnest stuff ever!

I am loving school!! It is so fun to actually be in the program and studying for what I want to do for the rest of my life. I love that I am learning how to keep myself safe and the patient safe.
This is my soapbox for the day.
Today we were learning how to explore around the mouth. Karen was my patient and I felt SO BAD when I made her bleed! But she said it didn't hurt so I guess I am off the hook. When I was a patient I understood better why it is so important to make the turn with your explorer around the curve of the tooth, because it is painful when that sharp explorer goes into my gums. But Karen did a wonderful job and she only made me bleed and cry a couple times, and I made her bleed and cry more so she gets the points for today.
Today it was so funny because Leigh was having a hard time seeing one area of the mouth and she was learning really close to her "patient" I told her I was going to take a picture and send her a ticket for incorrect positioning. Her excuse was she was "telling the patient a secret"...good times in the east pod!!!

School is great and we are having a great time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment