Shabby blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I love being with Tuesday girls in clinic!

I am doing another make up day today due to the clinic days that I will not be able to attend. I love being with the tuesday girls because some of them I don't see very often! I like this switching thing and being able to see everyone.

So I had a pretty successful afternoon. At the beginning of the afternoon I was hoping that my patient wouldn't show up because I suddenly didn't feel in the mood to be cleaning teeth. But I was very grateful that she showed up because she is a potential board patient! She has all of the calculus, but she is pregnant and only has the 4bwx and 2 anterior PA's  so if anyone wants her, then they will automatically have a 4 pt deduction to start boards with. So far nobody has wanted to take that risk. I totally understand, I wouldn't want to feel doomed from the very start. But the patient is so nice and reliable and she really wants to get her teeth cleaned so I asked her if she would mind being a back up patient, and she doesn't mind doing that. I wish that magically we could just take the xrays we need. Shoot dang.

This patient has all of her wisdom teeth and she has a lot of calculus. I cleaned both upper quads today and she had some pretty funky anatomy that kept throwing me off. It was so frustrating  because I could feel these spots, but I felt like my instruments just kept "slipping" around them instead of even making a dent in them. I didn't know if it was because my instruments just weren't sharp, or if I wasn't putting enough lateral pressure, or what was going on.But it was a little bit of a frustrating experience. But I was able to pass off subgingival irrigation and I think it was really beneficial for this patient. I like when I have requirements that are not only beneficial for me to get done for requirements, but when the patient will also really benefit from them.

It has been a long day, and this week is going to be really long because I have clinic and TA tuesday, VA wednesday, clinic thursday, and sealant clinic/screenings on friday, then drive to Provo for a birthday party...phew it makes me tired just thinking about it. I just need to remember to take things one day at a time and somehow I always make it through just fine.

Ta ta for now friends.

4 comments:

  1. That makes me tired just hearing your week too! You poor girl! Thanks for being willing to be my chauffer on Thursday and Friday! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having you in Clinic too! I had a similar experiance with my pt this afternoon. His anatomy was off the wall and it was pissing me off. Glad to hear im not the only one that has these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought PG's couldn't be board patients? It is fun to see the other group of gals . . . maybe I'll switch a clinic day just do experience them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love that you come have fun lunchtime conversations with us on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete