Shabby blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mockboard #2-patient found!

As of yesterday at 5:00 I didn't have any patients for today. I had a patient scheduled but she made the appt and I wasn't able to get a hold of her again. I have called her 3 times and left messages and finally I left the message that if I didn't hear back from her then I would be scheduling somebody else in that place. So I called this nice guy and he came in. I had him sit down and I did the OD and he had a lot of subgingival deposit. He had a lot of mobility and his teeth were starting to come apart. So I took a full mouth and it was great because he had a lot of stuff going on. He had a lot of bone loss and lots of radiographic calculus. And he is ok with being my mockboard patient!!
My goal after my midsemester conference was to be better at noting furcations and mobility in the chart. So today I felt over his molars and noted the mobility and furcation, but I forgot to note the mobility on his anterior teeth! Dang it! Goal: do better next time.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo Michelle on the mockboard patient!

    ReplyDelete