Shabby blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

1B=25 minutes?!?!?!?!?

I had a patient come in today that I have previously seen. She has a flipper so I brought her in about a month ago and cleaned her flipper, but that happened to be one of my craziest days in clinic so I wasn't able to do anything else on her. So I had her come back in today and it took me pretty much all of clinic to complete her. In our pod wrap they said that we should be completing a 1B patient in 25 minutes..... I am a failure. Let me add up my times to see how long she took me. (1-2:30-ish) Yeah I should have been able to do a class II patient in that time as well. My only defense is that this patient had a ton of calculus everwhere and her lower ant had really thick stain all across the facials. In my whole experience I have never had a 1B patient who was a typical easy 1B. All of my patients have either had a ton of calculus (should have been class II but no bone loss), or their had full mouth ortho. Luckily I have all of my requirements and the extra time didn't really kill my score. But I do feel pretty down on myself that it takes me 2-3 times longer then it should. That time also includes checks that I had to wait for, so I guess that shouldn't count against me. But I sure as heck didn't get all of her quads done in 25 minutes! I hope they let me into senior year!

Goals:
1. be more efficient when I am scaling, don't go over the same spot a bajillion times, make good scale strokes and be more confident in myself.
2. Use my time more wisely (except when I am all of the way done and still waiting for checks).
3. Give better OHI information.

1 comment:

  1. A 1B in 25 minutes was a shock to all of us. I hate to say this but i highly doubt that the class above us could all do that by the end of them semester. That is how long it takes to wait and get a dang OD check for heck sakes! You are doing great Michelle!

    ReplyDelete